Haha, oh wow.

So much for being back out of retirement, I've been gone for forever. No more promises I guess. I'm just gonna post a song today that I've been kind of addicted to.

I got accepted into medical school, hence some of my sudden busy-ness, and I've also been mucking around getting my summer job set up. That all being right after I graduated from college and my girlfriend and I broke up. Overall it's been pretty crazy lately.



This song is by Every Time I Die. Now, that's gotta be one of my least favorite band names in the world, but ETID's last two albums were insanely amazing, delivering the hard kind of metal that will rock you without containing useless screams and vapid lyrics. I'm posting the lyrics to this song too, so if you'd like, read them and you might find that they're pretty fucking deep. Their best album, in my humble opinion, is their latest: New Junk Aesthetic. This song is, however, from the preceding The Big Dirty. Enjoy.



Oh lord, I am saved
Judge says I am fit to swing
'bout time I have prayed
My woman just might wear my ring


Oh you know I'm no good
You know I'm no good at court-ordered goodbyes
But when I'm gone, you'll see;
I'll be a better man yet
For the dispossessed get taken back into your arms
Better keep me close to your heart
You'd better keep me close to your heart


The divine had me cornered in a storm
And he let me walk out the front door at the scene of the crime


Hang 'em high; keep your vows brief
Let 'em swing
Make his swindle an art
And if you still believe that men guilty of love can survive,
Then hang 'em high or not at all


Oh you know it gets hard
It just gets so hard going limp in your arms
I am clutching a smoking gun
There is no chance of me walking out of here alive
This is all very literal (Okay, this lyric should not be here, it's stupid)
I can't bring myself around to write an excuse this time


We're liberated by the hearts that imprison us
We're taken hostage by the ones that we break
Throw the book, throw the book


You had me strung up by the tail and you put me back
Hang 'em high; keep your vows brief
Let 'em swing
Make his swindle an art.
And if you still believe that men guilty of love can survive,
Then hang 'em high or not at all


Where did you get the privilege to pardon me?

1 comments:

MRanthrope said...

I lost track of this band after Gutter Phenomenon in what....2005? This song sounds rad though so I might listen to the Big Dirty now.

Hot Damn! is still an awesome record though. Haven't gotten sick of it even after all these years. Congrats on the med school acceptance as well. I've gotta do something productive with my life. I graduated a year ago and am still dicking around.

Post a Comment

-----------------------------ADS-------------------------------------- ----------------------------AD1 ----------------------------AD2 ----------------------------AD3 --------------------------